Sunday, February 27, 2005

Corrupted computer files = no clue where anything is...

...and due to our (lack of) diligence in making good on last year's resolution to backup all computer data at least once a week (eyuh) we are now attempting to reconfigure two months worth of our business. All documents and photos and everything else wound up totally corrupted. Scattered indiscriminately about the entire harddrive. Dead motherboard. Died a sudden but painless death and without a will, leaving its heirs in a state of total discombobulation. Not to mention, having destroyed all the photos of my knitting which I had planned to bring into this blog.

Ah well, once dh's blood pressure returns to near normal and he finishes the herculean task of reloading everything that was contained in our 80gig of hard drive, perhaps he'll get the photo programs back up and running and I can rephotograph everything that hasn't been sent off to new homes...

OTOH, I am feeling accomplished today as I have figured out a little more about this blog and how to make thing work. In spite of the ease of Blogger, I still struggle with the more technical stuff, but there are new little icons and links on here tonight and I did it. I'm proud! I also finished the back to my beautiful blue pullover and have started on the front as well as cast on for the sleeves (I'm doing them on the same needle at the same time.) I'm pleased to note that the front is, as I expected, going more quickly, broken up as it is, by the presence of the plait. I saw a similar pattern in a book I was browsing through, and I think the braid will be sizeable enough to be significant without looking out of place...I hope!

DH is working downstate tomorrow and left out of here early this evening so as to avoid the possibility of the 8-12" of snow the weathershaman is predicting. I'm never sure what to believe. I do think that when ds goes off to college I may go back and get certified in broadcast meteorology so that I can get a job being wrong most of the time and still get paid. Fer cryin' in the mud, do these guys ever look out the door?

Last night I chaperoned a semiformal dance at the high school. This is always an interesting time for me as my kids are homeschooled...but go to the dances...so I get tapped to help. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's waaaay more drama than my poor post-menopausal heart can stand. Last night was one of those. Breaking up, making up, fights threatened. Thank You Lord that I'm not 16 anymore. On the other hand, I guess they do have more resilience...I hope.

Off to knit my lovely blue sweater. I'm shooting for early March, before it warms up too much.


2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Robin said...

Ya know, if'n youse had a good puter guy close by, ya'll might'n need to have the big puter down, but that is a whole different story alltogether...

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://spaces.msn.com/members/robinstern

 

Post a Comment

<< Home