Monday, March 28, 2005

...and the winner is...ummm...winners are....

"Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole.

This, apparently, was a clear mandate of the people as so many more than one suggested it. However, there can be but one grand prize winner, and that would be the one who suggested it first: Nancy! Email me with your snail mail addy and let me know a) Do you want the lovely ball of incredibly green and yellow Cascade 220? and b) How would you like your stitch markers? (That is NOT an improper question/suggestion! The small ones fit up to a size 6 needle, the medium ones fit up to a size 10 needle, and the large ones fit up to a size 17 needle.) Pick six...any six. Email me and I'll ship 'em off immediately!

Coming in second is dd's friend Ashley, a non-knitter (imagine!) to whom will be winging this lovely scarf (as soon as it's finished) and yes, thanks, that is a hand-rolled center-pull ball. Changed my life (pre-ball winder) when I learned how to do that!

Third, with the same wonderful, unforgettable suggestion, was Colleen. Pick six and give me an address!

Not to be un-prized, Marianne, who came up with the bride's favorite song in the whole world (dh and she could only agree on one...this was second...) "My Girl"...pick six, dear, and give me an address!

And Emy, who suggested "Sway" which I have never heard, but after her description of it I will simply have to go download it...pick six...give me an addy.

Small contest, prizes for all!


Kimber, here are the Dulaan hats lined up and awaiting a box (or perhaps, for more to join them before they leave.) Everybody go visit Kimber's new blog! (please? And leave comments. It'll make her really happy!)



This has been fun. I've heard from a lot of people and gotten waaay more traffic than I might originally have (I'll admit it. It's discouraging to blog your heart out and then have no one read or comment. It's been such an up to hear from people whose blogs I've been reading for a long time.)

It's sunny here today and if the temp will rise above 40F it might melt some of the 18" of snow still all over the property (back in the woods there will likely be snow in some spots until May. It's actually waist-deep in places.)

Have a blessed day!

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger kimber said...

I love the hats. I'll send Ryan to your blog so she can see. She'll be sooo excited.

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Ryan for the Dulaan Project said...

Kimber was true to her word and let me know about your Dulaan hats!

The Mongolian people and I thank you a million times over for participating in the project. The hats look wonderful!! My personal fave is the striped one...

If you have any questions about anything related to the project, feel free to email me at rymorriss@yahoo.com.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Atouria said...

I know I'm late on all the wedding stuff, but I have a question for ya. What are the bride and the groom dancing to? DH and I have been married for 2 years. We used "At Last" by Etta James. I LOVE that song. It fits along the lines of 'classic' and it would flow well with unforgettable in the line up. No, I'm not looking for a prize. :) Just sharing the suggestion!

Thanks for visiting yarn yoga. If you have any questions on yarn stuffies let me know! I'll be linking to you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home