Sunday, March 13, 2005

Bookbookbook....sniffle, gulp....where are you?

I am We are all waiting anxiously for Stephanie's bookbookbook to ship. Seems like Amazon's just not as on the ball about it as they said they'd be (they keep saying it'll ship between 5March and 11March...and it's not shipped yet.) So while I was there, I had a little fun looking through the knitting books. I have a rather extensive collection...extensive enough that I donated a bunch of them to the local library. That does not, however, keep me from desiring more...and more...

So I made a Wishlist while I was there. It seems to come up under dh's name (Scott) but that did not in any way deter me from making the list, in spite of the fact that he wants more knitting books about as much as he'd like to have gum surgery. No matter. Those who love me know how obsessive I can be when something captures my fancy. And lest you think that this is a passing fancy, allow me to remind you that I am well into my second year as a serious knitter, and have half a dozen projects on the needles currently, as well as over 40 completed projects in the past year.

Enough. I'm more than half done up the front of my lovely blue sweater. I'd love to have it done before Friday. Unfortunately, I have some 125 books that have to be prepped, tagged and catalogued for check-in at the Homeschool Bookfair I'm heading downstate to attend this weekend. Lotsa luck, eh?

Off to knit fast.

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Annie said...

I bub you lots! And every time I wear my wondifferous poncho, I think of you. Thank you so much. :) (I'm glad that you enjoy knitting so much... though, I must confess, it does not soothe me. That could have something to do with the fact that making large knots, trying to get them unknotted, and then somehow getting my shoelace caught in the yarn just doesn't calm my nerves.)

I'll send pictures of the poncho (and me) as soon as I get done with this current round of exams.


The One, The Only, Annibellini

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Tami said...

Thank you for the sweet comment about my Clapotis! It honestly made my day. I think the hardest thing about this project is finding the right yarn. I really hope you make one, I think you will enjoy knitting it. It's nice to meet you!
Tami

 

Post a Comment

<< Home