Saturday, March 26, 2005

The contest continues...and we have some great entries!

Just returned from Traverse City (60 miles away, where we go to do our "big" shopping since we have only a tiny grocery and no WalM*rt or anything here) where we bought lots of wedding stuff. Candles, wedding favor stuff, ribbon, silk flowers for the tossing bouquet, the bride's SHOES! Many and varied things and nothing from Border's except strong coffee for the ride home. The Harlot's book HAS NOT arrived there yet.

Lots to post, no time tonight, but I wanted to add something to the little father/daughter dance song contest cache (say that three times fast) I've been accumulating and can't wait to give out! Here, needing no introduction is: Cascade 220. Betcha never saw it in this color, eh? That's because I dyed it all by myself. Washed it in Eucalan so it smells sweet and stays colorfast. This will be the grand prize in addition to the stitch markers, unless of course, you actually hate this, which possibility exists...it's kinda retro, isn't it... I really wanna see someone do something fun with this. I have been having a blast dyeing wool...not as much fun as knitting, and much damper, but a blast nonetheless.

I'll post the winner on Monday morning and you can send me your snail mail addy so I can send off the goods.

The bride is consulting with the groom about all the music, so I need to get off the computer. He has just returned from a week of military exercises wherein he was essentially incommunicado, so they have a lot to say to each other and at great length (and schmooziness...)

Have a blessed Resurrection Day!

2 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger kimber said...

Nice blog, Snooze. I'd sure like to know how you got your pics where they are. I'm still learning how to do all this stuff for my blog. And did I read right that you are all Dulaan knitting? Good for you! Ryan is a friend of mine. She's very "good people." It's been nice to read about everyone's hat knitting ALL over the place.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Atouria said...

Hi, I'm new to visit your blog. I love the colors you dyed your yarn ~ it's so yummy!!

atouria

 

Post a Comment

<< Home