Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Contest! Knitting photos! Contest! ...and a new bad habit...

As promised, there will be photos today...as soon as I figure out how to work this stupid program. And a contest.

The contest first: As mentioned before, dd is getting married in July. Most Many of the details of the wedding are under control. One thing that hasn't been decided is this: After the bride and groom have their first dance, what song shall the bride and her father dance to?

Songs already rejected include but are not necessarily limited to: Molly Hatchet's "Flirtin' with Disaster", "The Macarena", "The Chicken Dance", anything by Cher or Boy George,
"Butterfly Kisses," all country/western music... As a possible hint, the bride-to-be's taste runs toward early Frank Sinatra, anything swing, The Temptations and some Elvis. The reception will be at 8pm, and is NOT a sit-down dinner, at the behest of the bride. There will be dancing and waiter-served hors d'oeuvres and desserts, including the requisite chocolate fountain. It's all very '40s night-clubbish (sans alcohol.) The father of the bride has suggested "Can't Touch This," but the bride declined, indicating that the groom might be slightly intimidated.

The prize:
This is where I talk about my new bad habit. See, I needed some of those stylish little stitch markers that look so trendy on the finest knitting needles in the finest blogs. I needed them. And so I bought them. Dh asked me why the heck I was buying these when I had on hand some of the very materials that these appear to be made from. "Why yes!" I thought to myself. There are indeed beads somewhere in this house, beads that I used in some earlier craftish incarnation. So I rushed right out to Michael's and spent a lot of money cautiously chose the few materials I needed to make stitch markers.

This brings us to the prize: a set of six markers (two of each size, several made by the bride herself) for the person who can come up with something bridezilla is willing to dance to.


So this contest will run until Sunday, March 28th, because on Monday the 29th, the bride meets with the music people to begin putting together the music for the whole shebang.

Realizing that this is a new blog and that my readership is still quite small, there could be other small prizes for anyone who has even the semblance of a good/acceptable suggestion...

Okay, that's the contest and the bad habit (which is actually a lot of fun...today the kids helped me and we called it 'Arts & Crafts') and...oh yeah...the pictures. I still haven't figured out the easy way to do it. I know it's not tough, but I just haven't gotten the hang of photo*bucket. However, here are a few things that've been finished for a while and I had no photos....so, herewith...

Photo #1: more playing with food coloring. Paton's wool, once white now...berry-ish.

Photo #2: Koigu wristers (my own adapted pattern) shown on the hands of the lovely bride-to-be (catch a glimpse of her rock in this one)

Photo #3: The gloriously beautiful shawl made of Fiesta's La Boheme


And that's all I can manage for tonight. Keep those cards and letters coming, folks, and help this poor bride avoid having dancing to something she despises, or Barenaked Ladies.

Hurry! Time's running out! ....Thanks!

7 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Annie said...

hey, first of all, let me say there is NOTHING wrong with barenaked ladies.

Wait, let me rephrase... I mean... barenaked ladies are... goo... Well, they're...

Fine. I'll say it. I LOVE BARENAKED LADIES.


That said, I will continue to think of songes for Kate.

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous marianne said...

hi from a fellow knitting blogger. :)
a couple song suggestions off the top of my head:

"My Girl", by the Temptations.
"To Love Somebody", by the Bee Gees.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Kate Here...

Annie Pie, I love Bare Naked Ladies too! But what I told mom was that I didn't wanna dance to "If I had a million dollars" that's all ;)

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Annibellini said...

*singing to Kate*
If I had a million dollars... Well, I'd buy you a monkey.(Haven't you always wanted a monkey??)
If I had a million dollars... Well, I'd buy you a green dress.
(But not a real green dress, that's cruel.)






They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon.

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Kate The Great said...

Oh, but they do have pre-wrapped bacon! It also comes pre-cooked. Ewwww.


Would you really buy me a monkey???





*Randomly remembers*

Annie: Duckie!!
Kate: Puddles the Duckie!
Annie: Ewwwww.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I like the Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole version of Unforgettable for a father and daughter dance at a wedding. It's a beautiful, timeless song and the fact that a father and daughter are singing it makes it very touching.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger emy said...

I'll say "Sway" by Perez Prado featuring Rosemary Clooney...love that song. Never fails to pick me up, makes me feel glam & smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home