Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Fifteen (or so) minutes of fame(ishness)...

I am so all about excited tonight! I just got an email telling me that I am the next contestant on "The Price is Right" JenLa's Interview! " C'mon down!" My 15 minutes of fame! (I suppose this depends on how well I can hold your interest in the answers to these questions... :::sigh::: I'm still very excited! Thanks, ladies!

So here's how it goes down:

Copied this directly off the (in)famous JenLa blog:

***The other day Domestigirl was doing this cool interactive thing with her readership. See, those of us who were interested in participating had to follow the few simple rules stated below, answer the individualized questions in our blog that she left for us on hers and then we pass it on. Makes sense? Anyhow, this is a way to get out of boring the hell out of all of you by taking 12 paragraphs to say 16 more rows on DSS and 4 painstaking inches on Mariah!, (oh, lookie there, I just did).

First, here are the simple rules to follow if you’d like to participate:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.***


So here are the questions they posted for me (for me! Imagine!)

Snooze
1. What got you interested in blogging?
I did a simple search for 'knitting' and came up with several knit blogs. Never heard of such a thing. Spent a little time cruising around and after reading a wonderful post, I decided to leave a comment for someone. Turns out that Blogger (as you've so aptly and recently noted) is not very good with the comments thing. In fact, it turned out that they required me to register and essentially create a blog before I could post a comment! (This seems like some sort of coerciveness that goes beyond propriety...) Nevertheless, I wound up with a post, and the vanity of seeing myself in print online was so overwhelming that it just kinda kept rolling. (You can actually google 'Susie Grougan' and pull up some homeschooling articles I've written in the waaay past that wound up archived online, but that doesn't count as much as this...)

2. Can you tell me a little more about yourself? More about your family (feel free to used pseudonyms, we do); your pets; career; life; home, etc?
I'm almost 52. I am married to Scott whom everyone calls Steve for some cosmic reason which we remain ignorant of at this point. We've been married for 20 years last Christmas Eve. I can honestly say that it's better with every year that passes. Schmoozey, I suppose, but really true. We've been self-employed for too many years. When our health insurance topped $11,000.00/year, we rethought the whole self-employment thing. Today he became gainfully employed. Next week the assets of the business get sold and we will hopefully inch closer to solvency than we've been in many years.

I have an almost 19yo daughter who is marrying her soul-mate (who unfortunately for me is stationed in Okinawa and has selfishly decided to move her there to be with him for about 2.5 years. :::sob:::) in July. She was homeschooled until her senior year of high school when she announced that she wanted to find out what school was like. Bored her to tears, forced her to get up way too early. She graduated 7th in her class (and boy, did *I* feel vindicated!) I call her Kiki, but her name is actually Kate-the-Great.

I have a 16 year old son, Nick, who knows everything. (Gosh, I wish I was still 16 sometimes. There's so much I'd like to know/remember! ) He's been homeschooled all his life. He's an Eagle Scout, body builder, and spends every free moment working on the sound system in his vehicle which will never be finished because there is not enough money in the world to do what he wants to do...or so he says... He will be heading off to public school for his senior year next fall, It's all about the sports, 'cuz he's already got enough credits to graduate...

There are three cats and one dog-who-thinks-she's-a-cat in the very small space we call home. I'm sure they will make guest appearances (obligatory animal photos) as Riley did the other day...

We live out in the woods (literally...1.6 miles back off a dirt road, backing up to 2000 acres of hardwood state land.) There will be pictures of deer and turkey and bears and other exciting wildlife as they appear...or not.

This could be more info than you might ever have wanted to know about me and it doesn't even scratch the suface. Be very glad I'm not itching...

3. What is the single best piece of advice you could give to your first-born’s new spouse?
She is pre-verbal for about 30 minutes upon rising. Bring her coffee and her knitting and kiss her on the forehead. Then leave her alone until you actually hear her voice. Otherwise there will be mayhem.

4. What’s your favorite kind of project to knit?
Kind? Okay..kind...ummm...an entire genre qualifies as 'kind', right? Okay...anything that requires a set of doublepoint needles. That would include, but not be limited to: socks, gloves, mittens, wristers, leg warmers, hats, sweaters knitted in the round.... But if I had to pick one, I'd say socks.

5. I see you’re a sci-fi geek like me! If you were to write a sci-fi screen play, could you give me a quick overview of what it would be about?
Wow. That's tough. I think it'd have to be something that combined the essential elements of Farscape, Doug Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and several old Twilight Zone episodes. :::mentally composing opening paragraph:::


So there it is. No photos but fun to think about. And if there are any folk out there who would be interested in carrying this meme on, I'd be more than thrilled to come up with 5 questions for you too!

Jen, La, on the eve of being moved out of the queue and into the knitter's blog ring, I thank you. I feel so accepted! (Okay, even if I'm not really, I feel that way and that's what really counts.)

Off to continue knitting on the lovely blue sweater whose cabled front is only 8 rows from done and whose sleeves are already cast on in tandem. I really wanna wear this on Saturday. It simply will not happen. But I'm gonna give it my best try...


'night!

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger La said...

Great answer Snooze! I especially like your advice to your daughter's future husband. I take it he's in the USAF....at Kadena, right?

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

You held my interest for a FULL 15 minutes! I think this is a very cool meme thing, and enjoyed getting to know a little more about you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home