Friday, April 01, 2005

Dy(e)ing the right way...

Me, muttering to self: "Gee, I hope my books on dyeing get here soon so I can learn to do it the right way."

Dd, very concerned, overhearing from the other room: "Mom? Are you all right? Is everything okay?"

Me: "With an 'e', Katy, with an 'e". That's dyeing with an 'e'."

:::sounds of relief emanating from the other room:::

4pm postscript: The UPS lady arrived with a bounty of books on dyeing. Oh frabjous day! caloo callay! I am filthy rich with new books. This new (bad/) habit is extending itself. Next thing you know I'm gonna be craving to learn how to spin.....well....not yet, at any rate. I've got a wedding to plan and execute first. BUT...after the wedding there will be a spare bedroom.....

Yarns to Dye For by Kathleen Taylor

ColorWorks
by Deb Menz

Lavish Lace by Carol R. Noble & Cheryl Potter

Hands on Dyeing
by Betsy Blumenthal & Kathryn Kreider

I have resources! I can dye properly now...it's all good, Katy...

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous marianne said...

ooooh...fun! I think I need the Hands On Dyeing book...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home