Monday, April 25, 2005

Dyeing Yarn and April Snow

Like every other Michigan knitblogger, here I am posting photos of the snow...the first is from last night, my deck in back. Snow looks so cool when you photograph it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this morning when I let the dog out (poor Maggie. She hates the cold. It aggravates her arthritis.) Note the thermometer...18F. Toasty.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is not angel hair pasta. This is the Dye Your Own sock yarn from Knitpicks that I mentioned yesterday.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I photographed every step of the process and I will not bore you with it. Let's just cut to the chase:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lots of skinny yarn drying in the hall bathroom shower. We're getting ready to ball it up and I will post that as an edit once it's done.

Stay warm and cozy...


Edited in later: two little yarn muffins of sock yarn. This was a learning experience. I actually swatched up a little bit on size 3s and it looks interesting...in a faded chambray shirt sort of way (Note to self: it needed more time in the microwave.) Katy loves it though, and even offered me the Koigu back in exchange for it. No dice. She gets the Koigu too. I wanna see her make socks before she leaves for Okinawa!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have another skein waiting for another try. I learned some things from this and will do it a little differently next time...

'Night, all.

4 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oooh that looks great. I'm definitely interested in knowing how it knits up-- this yarn has been on my wishlist for a little while. I may have to splurge!

(And p.s. Yep, I'm a Michigan blogger, and there are snow pictures on my blog LOL You called it!)

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Knitlette said...

It's wonderful!!! I can't wait to dye more yarn. I'm going through withdrawls!

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous heather said...

Your yarn turned out so pretty! I love the colors! I need to get me some dye and start playing. Great job!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Great job on the yarn.'

And you know there are snow pictures on my SW Michigan blog.

Isn't that what knitting blogs are for? Posting snow pictures in April when we're too busy to knit anything?

I've been working outside so much I was actually happy to see it snow so my poor body could recover from the shock of all the spring activity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home