Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hello. My name is Susie and I have a problem...

What a gray, overcast day this started out to be. Threats of thundershowers. All the kids off doing their own thing. Dh miles away on the road, coming home from an out-of-town job. Nothing but laundry and housecleaning facing me.

Maggie started barking. This could mean almost anything because she barks at wind, birds, rustling leaves, cars passing by...but this time my highly efficient and alert canine spotted the presence of the UPS truck bringing me this:


My very first Knitpicks order! And what an order it is. Most of what I bought was for the 'trying out' of the new yarns. But see that gorgeous blue and white stripe-y stuff in the corner of the box? That's a Flower Basket Shawl whole passel of Shimmer, the laceweight baby alpaca/silk blend. Gorgeous. I also bought a little bit of many different yarns so I could try them out for future projects.

I'm itching to put some needles to this stuff, but, in case you haven't been following the saga of my lovely blue sweater which had only 12" of sleeves left to be done and which I firmly stated would be done last Friday and which is sitting next to my chair with only 6" left to sleeve...welll...I can't rightly start anything else until I'm Done. Capital D Done. I.will.ignore.the.new.yarn.until.I'm.DONE. (Through gritted teeth, that one.)

On the other hand, here's something that you couldn't see pictured in the box above because it was hiding under yarn (and I have NO such compunction about dyeing as I do about starting new knitting projects before finishing the one I've dragged out forever much longer than I should have):


Ain't no guessin' what's gonna be happenin' here, eh?

My name is Susie and I have a problem...but I'm not looking for help!

9 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Atouria said...

Lol, You crack me up! Are you sure you aren't from the south? You sound like a southerner with all that 'ain't' and teeth gritin'. :) I had to double check your location on that one! (I'm from Louisiana, so I know what southern sounds like.) Congratulations on your new order! I bet all sorts of fun stuff is going to come out of those skeins. If you want to test out a little bit o' that yarn, you can. It can be our little secret; I won't tell. :)
Thanks again for the offer of the Fantasy Naturale yarn. I posted a comment to you on my blog, but I'm not sure if you saw it. I am going to hold off on the tank for now, since I found some yarn for a few other projects. I hope to update by the end of the week.

/hugs!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Sixteen years in Florida (Florida is mostly not the south, except for the little backwater town I lived in where folks had lived there for many generations...) and all I got was the ability to say *y'all* instead of *youse*, which I took away from my first 20 years growing up in NJ!

I'm trying to figure out a way to conscionably cast on some new yarn...but since you posted it here where the whole world and God and everybody can see, it won't be a secret and....oh, phooey. I'm gonna, anyway.

You little co-dependent/enabler you!

Blessings,
Snooze

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Just in case you want a bigger Flower Basket shawl, you can safely do 3 extra repeats.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous marianne said...

YUMMY!

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snooze, I saw that!
..BJ

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Katy Clare said...

I'll keep an eye on her for you Aunt Bj! I'll just take the baby alpaca/silk blend...for safe keeping of course! ;)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger emy said...

Those yarns are lovely. Too bad Knitpicks don't ship out of US. :(

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Snooze said...

Emy,

Y'know, there *are* other ways of doing things...F'rinstance, I wouldn't mind having your Knitpicks order shipped to me then sending it off to you...I realize that the cost of shipping outside the US is quite high (I sent a small box to France and it cost almost $21US) but I think we could work it out if you really want the yarn...

Blessings,
Snooze

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger kimber said...

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the knitpicks sock yarn as I think this is what I'm going to order for a dye class I'm teaching in June. I'm ordering some for myself, but I'd like other opinions, too. Also - I see you have some Gaywool dye there - be VERY CAREFUL when mixing to make sure the dye disolves properly. I've had big problems in the past with the glauber's salts in it floating to the top making it hard to use just a little bit, and the dye solution disolving completely. But the colors are lovely. Can't wait to see your results!! Happy dyeing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home