Thursday, April 28, 2005

"Raindrops on roses and..."

I wandered over to see what my new blogging friend Rox had to say today. She apparently had a little bit of The Sound of Music on her mind, and it got her to thinking about a few of her favorite things, and she went ahead and made a list and then challenged anyone who read the post to make a list of their top ten fave things. (I'm feeling run-on-sentence-y today. Grammar avengers please avert your eyes.)

So anyway, I thought this might make for a good 'tag, you're it' meme because it's about the things in our lives that make us happy, and happy should lead to gratitude, and gratitude leads to contentment with life. Well, my life, in any event. Let's see what I can come up with.

  1. My family. I have a fabulous husband who rubs my feet (this should actually qualify by itself) and two kids who have never given me the sort of heartache I gave my parents. (Sorry, Dad...)
  2. Maggie, my dog. I was never a dog person before her, and may never have another once she's gone, but she is my favorite non-human being. Unqualified love is not to be taken lightly.
  3. Yarn. Everything yarn related. I am enamoured of every sort of yarn.
  4. When I hit the send button and don't experience any choking fear that I may have just insulted someone, hurt someone's feelings, opened myself up to a libel suit...(we ADHD people seem to *live* with our feet in our mouths. I lack an internal censor most of the time. I just apologize a lot.)
  5. Shultz's Pretzel Factory Double-Baked Pretzel Balls. The bomb. Best snack food ever made. Or maybe wasabi peas. I can't pick.
  6. Fresh coffee exactly the way I like it made in my favorite mug.
  7. Logging on and finding comments at the bottom of my posts. (I think this is a universal favorite thing...am I right?)
  8. Mendelsohn's Italian Symphony in C. It got me through every exam I ever took in college.
  9. Fresh cut flowers appearing on the counter, brought by my thoughtful honey. His timing is impeccable usually.
  10. My relationship with my God. More than the first half of my life was spent as an atheist. Reason and logic led to faith. This should actually be at the top of the list, now that I think about it, because it informs everything else in my life, and all the other things on the list
So, how about it? Anyone else have a few favorite things they'd like to share? I think I'm gonna sent this off to Marguerite because I've just "met" her and would like to know more about her; to Vicki who always has something nice to say to me, and to Atouria who has become so dear to me. I think if I could be indulged to have a number 11. it would be all the new and interesting people I've come to know here in the knitblogging world.

That's all the news that fits this morning, folks...

6 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Atouria said...

What a cool meme! You sound like you have a great hubby ~ foot massages and fresh flowers?! I'd go for that! :)

I hope to get my tag done this weekend. Thanks for tagging me! This is a fun one. :)

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

i love your list....

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

How nice. Isn't wonderful to have a great husband? I can't say enogh good things about mine!

And I love comments too!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger The Fearless Knitter said...

Love your list! Of course now this just makes me want to add more to my list. How could I not have yarn or pretzels on there?

Still studying your sock yarn for clues - tomorrow I'll try again with this dyeing stuff!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

I'm having acute guilt about not posting my favorite things yet - but how can I choose?

Just didn't want you to think I'm ignoring the tag. I'm trying to get ready to head to Idaho for a week to visit my new granddaughter.

Is there a deadline? Oh the stress of it! :-)

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Atouria said...

I finished mine! I also added a few questions of my own that i'd love for you to answer if you feel up to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home