Friday, April 08, 2005

Spring...and a confession...

This is what spring time looks like out in the woods of northern Michigan. These are tulips, (really!) photo taken at 7:25pm this evening. Yesterday there was ice surrounding the buds. These are tough little fellas. By mid-May they'll have beautiful red flowers on them. I hope. Assuming the gophers or the deer don't see them.


Yesterday Atouria told me that it'd be our little secret if I decided to knit a little bit of the new Knitpicks yarn I received, even though I vowed to finish the sleeves of the lovely blue sweater before I started one more thing. She swore no one would know.

Notice the sleeves, all 13.5" of them (I need 18.5" to finish) sitting and waiting patiently...and sadly. I have only knit three measly rows in two days.


I have a confession to make...I couldn't keep my hands off the sock yarn. But socks don't really count, right? I'm sure that they don't. I mean, Stephanie always has a pair or three going at any given time. (I fail to take into account that she probably knits at a rate triple or more of mine and can accomplish more in a day than I do in weeks...still...it it works for the Harlot, it might pass as an excuse for me...)

Herewith, the evidence of my failure. K1P1 ribbing on 2.5mm dpns. I am happy. These will be fun to wear this spring. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Atouria said...

YUM! Those socks are going to look so snazzy! I haven't ventured into sock world yet, but I think I may soonish. I think I've found a pattern that I like from 'Not just socks'. And I'll have to find some sexy yarn like you ordered from Knit picks (vegan yarn, that is).

Keep at those sleeves, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home