Sunday, May 01, 2005

The 1st of May and counting....

...the days until Stephanie of Harlot fame makes her way to the State of Michigan and we get to gloat like those NY knitters did. (I don't know that the Athena Bookstore in K'Zoo is gonna treat us with hors d'oeuvres and wine like Lord and Taylor did though...)

So I go off to her blog and click on the Harlot on Tour button for our area and this is what it says:

May 6th - Kalamazoo, MI - Athena Bookshop - 7:00 The Athena bookshop (and Rams) respectfully requests that you email or call to let them know if you are coming. It will help them have chairs for all parties concerned (way easier to knit in a chair) and they will put your name on a list to reserve you a spot.

Simple enough, eh? So I fire off an email to let them know that I will be coming, along with dd Katy. Here is my email:

Hi! This is just to let you know that my daughter Katy and I will be coming to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and are anxious to check out all your wonderful yarns.

Thanks,
Susie Grougan, Grayling MI

Did you notice something about the content of this email? I didn't, until I hit the send button. Then panic set in. I promptly sent another email:

Sorry about that first email. Of course you're a bookstore! Well that's okay, that's our other bad obsession. See you on the 6th...

Thanks again,
Susie Grougan, Grayling, MI

Here's the response:

That was the best laugh we've had all day! Thanks! See you on the 6th...
Athena BOOKSTORE

I'm humiliated. I'm not telling *anyone* there my name or where I'm from. OTOH, it could have been much worse. I could have made mention of coming down there to fondle yarn...

Off to church to repent of my foolishness...
'Later!

6 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous heather said...

Ha!!!HAAAAHAAHAHHAHHHHAAAAA--gag*Choke*spit

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous laura said...

Oh that's something that I would do! lol!

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous marianne said...

hehe, sounds like something I'd do...

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Oh good grief! Tha Yarn Harlot 20 miles from where I live and I'm going to be in Idaho, 2000 miles away. Sigh.

And I even could have met you and everything.

There are very few things that might make me feel happy about this, but my new granddaughter waiting for me in Idaho is one of them. So I guess I won't cancel the plane reservations.

Hope you have lots of fun in Kalamazoo.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Atouria said...

The reason why that story is so hilarious, is that we are all guilty of slips like that! Along with the others who've posted, I would have done the same thing! I possibly would have mentioned fondling as well!! LOL

I'm so glad you posted that! I needed a good laugh before I hit the books. :)

/hugs!

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I sit here, and I watch your little clock thing tick away the seconds of my life. And I think, "Maybe you should be doing something other than watching an online clock."

But it's so nice and easy. Just sittin' here. Watching that clock. Like a real clock without the incessant ticking. Quite fascinating really.

Save me from myself, Sooze! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home