Thursday, May 12, 2005

Five more things meme...

I have a very curious tale to tell today, one of a post returned from (the apparent) dead. This is the post that got weird, the one that half disappeared and the other half turned up in German..yeah, that one.

In the spirit of sharing, before I posted, I hit 'select all', 'copy' and then pasted the meme into an email to the ladies I tagged. Then I hit 'publish' and that's when it all went caterwonky.

Today I got an email back from Jan who's new to the blogging thing. She (shyly) asked me how these meme things work. Well, my email is ill just now, and I could not find the place where I had passed a meme to her, anywhere in my blog. Thinking I was losing my mind, I was finally able to find the email she sent me, and there (God bless this woman!) was every word I had written. Formatted. She had hit 'reply' and sent my post back to me.

That's more blog drama and mystery and heroic tale than I can manage. It's bigger than the dang post, fer cryin'in dah mud! I think the post is actually anticlimactic, but I'm posting it anyway 'cuz I've gotta go to Saginaw and my laptop is NOT coming with me.

See y'all tonight....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the excitement of the past few days, I need to post something calm. Easy. As Stephanie says, I need to have a little lie down.

Toward that end, here is something from Atouria, over at Yarn Yoga. I've been meme'd back. (I sent her a meme a few days ago. I thought I said, "No backsies!" but apparently I wasn't exactly clear on what constitutes a backsie. I've left her answers in because they're probably a lot more interesting and exciting than mine will likely be. I'm old, after all, and she is not.

"I’m going to start a new question that I hope gets passed around a bit. Please list 5 things that you may or may not have done before that you would like to learn or try again. This may just get you to try them or give you some renewed interest!

Here are her answers:
1. Photography. I want to break out my LOMO again and shoot from the hip! I also want to get back in practice of doing some black and white stuff.
2. Piano. I’ve never tried it, but I’d love to find some lessons and give it a go.
3. Pottery. If I could find a class, I would jump on it! I want to make a decorative vase or something simple and beautiful.
4. Write a book. I’d love to write a book ~ any book would do. A children’s book would be fun. I’d also like to write something like a novel. Something about me, but that has some insight.
5. I’d like to travel more. I’ve been to Germany, Canada, and Mexico. I’ve snowboarded on the Swiss border. I want to see

And here are mine:
  1. Motherhood. I'm not really ready for my little birdies to leave the nest. In spite of this, they're heading out. Katy's getting married and moving to Okinawa. Nick's finishing his senior year at the local highschool. I wanna nurse a baby again. (I realize this sound awful. I'm sure most of you could not possibly imagine going through all this again. I miss it...but I'm sure it will pass. Transition is the toughest phase of anything and that's where I'm stuck just now.)
  2. College. I want to go finish my master's degree. Problem is, I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. My BA is in Economics, minors in PolySci and Business. I have 1/2 an MBA, scoodles of post-bac education classes. I don't think I want to do anything that involves any of those fields. I want to teach fiber arts like Rams (of the comments) does, I think. That probably requires me starting all over again in another field. Where is the intersection between the elasticity of taxation and Koigu? Yeah, I didn't think you'd know. I could probably figure it out, but I'd rather KNIT with the Koigu. College...maybe.
  3. Skydiving. Or possibly parasailing. Something exciting and skeery. Really.
  4. Entrelac, intarsia, and Estonian knitting, spinning. These are all in my 'learn to do' file. This is the one item on this list that I am absolutely sure I will get to.
  5. Go completely off the grid. I've wanted to live self-sufficiently for many years. We have a fair start on it (after all, the house is so well insulated with books and yarn) with our heating (all wood) and gardening. Our present location doesn't allow us to have livestock-type animals (not even chickens!) so we'd have to move. I would love to build a log cabin and use solar/wind power...this is a maybe.

So that's my list. It actually made me think. Now I'm tired. So I'm gonna pass this along to Stacy and Jan. Tell all, ladies!

The sun is shining and I want to go out to work in the yard. And knit. At the same time. This is going to take some doing. (Maybe I should add it to the list above...)

Have a spectacular day.

3 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

Having nursed two children myself, I understand where you're coming from on that point.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Atouria said...

Snooze, your answers are great! I'm totally with you on going off the grid. I'm all about solar power and living off the land, etc. My hubby isn't. I'd also love to go parasailing. Skydiving would be awesome, but I think kparasailing would be more me and something I'd rather try first.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
Companies House Webcheck
Webcheck Companies House
Company House Webcheck
Companies House Webcheck Service

[url=http://perosnalbinking.v3host.be/companies-house-webcheck.html]companies house webcheck[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home