Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hey! I'm dyeing ovah heah!

Yesterday I had a dyeing party. Although this involved beauteous colors, unlike what most of you have come to expect, the medium I used was...uhhh...slightly different.

My son Nick...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

His friend Mac... (the pink is slightly photographically altered as the light was fading the color out and I think he was getting tired of me taking pictures of him...)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And the usual suspect...Knitpick's dye-it-yourself (and I do, I DO!)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And rolled into a little yarn muffie....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My domain is still propagating (I thought this was something you did with plants, but apparently...)

Dh just came in here and snapped this photo of me. He says that this is what the organized blogger looks like...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's a little peek into my corner of the blogging world. I could spend most of my life here if it wouldn't lead to me becoming a pile of jello...That little basket holds all my current knitting...note the presence of the caffeine...the Sunday paper is on the floor by my purse...Life is good...

Have a happy day off!


9 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous heather said...

You are so cute! Oh, and your son and friends hair--What the.....?
I love the purse by the chair. Are you one of those people who keep it next to them at all times? You see, I am always losing mine. Maybe that's what I need to do.
And your yarn is pretty as always!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Atouria said...

I love that yarn! I think that colorway is my favorite of yours so far. My goodness you have talent!

Look at you all comfy in your chair! You do look happy as can be: phone, laptop, knitting, and a sunny day. What could be better? :)

Looks like ya had a great weekend! Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

/hugs

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Allena said...

WOW i love the COLORS! in the hair and the yarn! LOL
i just ordered myself some of that yarn what type of dye did you use? i'm all excited to dye my own yarn! just wanting to have a plan for when i get started!
your blog corner looks oh so wonderful!

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Colleen said...

WHAT colors did you use on that yarn? They're yummy. I've never been tempted to dye my own . . . until now. Do tell.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

LOL - tooo funny! You know I have had this mid-life'ish crisis going on where I wanted a streak of some kind (other than gray *sigh) in my hair for a while. Now you are givin' me ideas...:)

And you are beautishus sweetie! The area you created around your little "nest" is just perfect! Can I come over? !!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Go back and look at the comments on this post: WTH happened to yesterday's post? and you'll see the whole dyeing process. Easy peasy. Wilton food coloring, less than $1.50 at Walmart or Michaels. Be brave! Use tiny bits of yarn until you get used to it...I still have a lot to learn about this, but I sure do like making bright colors!

Last skein is making its home with Rox now, who's gonna make something fun out of it. (I was thinking perhaps Dulaan hat for this new one...) Sweetie, I'd be more than glad to streak your hair...Nick's has been green, orange, hot pink, blue, and now purple. There are left overs from all of them...what's your pick? LOL

So y'all come join me! Door's always open. We can knit and kvetch. If only I could figure out how to knit and chat on MSN....

Blessings,
Susie

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Jan said...

Ooooh laa laaa! The hair on those boys reminds me of my best buddy down here in GR - her son came home from his girlfriend's house with purple hair the other day! I couldn't help it...I cracked up laughing!

And you have such a pretty smile, Susie! Makes a person happy just looking at that face!

Take care!
Jan

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

You look very at home in your little corner. I have a similar space of my own. Love the dye jobs! You're so crafty!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

The yarn is so pretty! And I love your son's hair. What cool mom to help them do that :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home