Thursday, May 19, 2005

Is this really a knitting blog?

It has come to been brought to my attention been rudely pointed out that there has been no actual knitting content in this blog for some indeterminate amount of time.

I ought to apologize. Sorry.

So, do I have actual knitting content? Well, ummm....sure! Picture time.

Here's a lovely little swatch of Knitpick's new Shine. I have no idea what sort of summer lovely I will make out of this stuff, but it's sure nice to work with. It's pima cotton and modal (tencel.) The modal seems to make the cotton yarn lighter in weight without losing any of its softness. The color is Candy but it comes in a vast array of single and multicolors.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is where I am finally learning to make toe-up socks. After several starts, I finally figured out how to do it. I'm hooked. I love this toe. I am, however, anxious about making heels...backwards. Don't know how that works, but I'm following the pattern. This is sock 1.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is more than 1/2 of the shawl I'm making for the lady who's doing the music for Katy's wedding. It's Fiesta's LaBoheme in Rainforest. This stuff is wonderful to work with except for the difference in stretch between the rayon strand and the mohair strand. Sometimes the rayon gets waaaay ahead of the mohair, which has less stretch. Even so, I love it. Poised above are several sparkly yarns which will become part of the fringe (I'm big on heavy fringe.) This is the only one of my projects that has a time limit on it, so it should get priority. As if.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is the Knitpick's dyeityourself Aran weight yarn. I'm making a hat. I love this mindless circular knitting. This is what I took to the hospital with me on Tuesday night when I had to go to the Emergency Room with Nick (who broke his hand and I promised to not tell the whole world the stupid way he did it.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is try #2 at the Branching Out Scarf. This is only my second attempt at lace. I love it, but I think I have to be in a sealed room with no distractions as I tend to get lost easily. Twenty five stitches. How hard could that be? Well, I've ripped it out four times. I will master this. I hope. It's being knit in pink because I gave up on the laceweight alpaca/silk yarn and this was the only sockweight yarn I had in a solid color. Weird, huh? Pink leaves...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Katy requested that I notify the blogging world of her accomplishments as well. She has been working on baby hats in Baby Cashmerino (a particular fetish of hers, as you can see below.) She's also making excellent progress on her own sweater, knit in Knitpick's Elegance in the color 'Grass'.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And that's about it, sportsfans. I've actually been out moving 10 yards of dirt (a yard of this dirt weighs 2600# for the curious...) and I hurt too much to even knit at this point. But there has been knitting and will again be...

And then, there's my new website...

9 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Allena said...

wow that shine yarn looks lushious!
toe up socks my next adventure! LOL
poor DS! hope his arm is ok!
have a great day!

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Shelley said...

What great projects. I'm loving that shine yarn. I must check it out!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Love your "dyeityourself" yarn. In fact, you inspired me to dye some of my own. Thanks.

I can empathise with you about moving 10 yards of dirt. Did that earlier this Spring ;^)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger margene said...

That's the way to do it..show all your knitting content in one post. It all looks like great yarn and that red is fabulous!
Now what? ;-)

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

You've had plenty of knitting content lately! Don't you worry Susie. I like reading things about your life. =0) The wedding is getting closer and closer isn't it? That's exciting!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I can't see any of the pictures but I bet it's all beautiful!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Me said...

I love seeing all your projects! You really inspire me to get moving with my needles!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

You are all too kind!

Yep, the dirt is heavy...the mosquitoes chased me in today. The pile's still there. Photo op tomorrow maybe.

Nick will be casted (his hand) on Monday once the swelling is down. He seems to injure himself about this time each year. Last year he broke his index finger...

Wedding plans continue apace. Got the limo scheduled. Paying people off little by little beforehand so it doesn't all hit on July 7th...making July 8th tougher than it already may be. LOL My sister BJ is going to make it up from FL with all her kids but the oldest (working college grad...) and we are thrilled!

Thanks for your graciousness about my non-knitting content. I wasn't sure about this blog when I started it...had no idea which way it would go. I think the only things I've kept off it are political rants and Christian proselytizing. My politics are my business and probably not any interest of yours...and my faith oughta be evident by my life. If it's not, shame on me.

Again, thanks for hangin' with me. I'm beginning to count quite a few of you as friends!

Blessings,
Susie

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Ann said...

Fun Knitpicks stuff. I too have had trouble with the lace in Branching Out scarf. I'm trying it with Anne sock yarn and have had to rip several times. Are you using the chart? Is there a mistake in the chart? I had to resort to the written directions and yes, lock myself in a room. Still, only one in three repeats perfect last night. Rip!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home