Monday, May 09, 2005

I've been RAOK'd!

In the middle of all this excitement, I arrived home to find a box stuffed into my mailbox. (I think it's probably a fortuitous thing that I live way back on a dirt road, because the box was left protruding from the open mailbox. It wouldn't have still been there if the mailbox was out by the main road, like some folks' are.)

The box contained some wonderful things: Do-it-yourself socks (yarn and needles!) and an amazingly adorable and useful notecard (under that picture is the pattern for the poncho the little girl is wearing!) This lovely giftie is from none other than the most wonderful Rox of Fearless Knitter fame. I had to keep her bookmarked and click off to her blog every day to see if she had posted (and that's so unnecessary when there's Bloglines out there...our time is precious, right? We want our posting updates in one place so we have more time for knitting and less time spent linking, right? Right.) So I subscribed to her blog. But she wasn't subscribed herself. I sent her over there and she put a button on her blog, and voila, people came! She has fifteen subscribers! So go, subscribe to her blog and tell her Susie sent you.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And just why is she Fearless? Well, she's hosting the Secret Pal 5! Perhaps fearless is not the word she would use. Thank you so much, Rox. I'm gonna learn how to knit toe-up socks with this. I will post progress (assuming I am able to figure it out...) Blessings to you!

7 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

You are welcome!! Happy ya like everything! Figured maybe sock yarn would be da ticket! My bloglinin' buddy! TTYS!

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

I dropped in to thank you for the wonderful surprise I received in the mail on Saturday. you're the sweetest person. I'm sorry i have not posted pics or anything on my blog. I've been having incredibly painful back spasms the past three days. It's been too painful to sit at the computer for long or to take pictures. I haven't even knitted in two days! I'm going a little crazy.
In the midst of this ordeal, your package brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being the kindhearted person you are. You made my month. The stitch markers were especially touching.
I am going to the hospital tomorrow and I hope they can bring me some relief. I will post a pic and a HUGE thank you as soon as I can. Big thanks you sent your way. You are really amazing. Good luck with the wedding.

A huge hug sent your way.
Lots of love,
KnitsforSanity

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Jane said...

Hi!

Please let me know what brand and color the sock yarn is, it's lovely! What a good friend. Now I'll go check out the fearless knitter.

yarnspinner13@yahoo.com

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Carina said...

That's Plymouth Sockotta, a wool, cotton, and nylon blend in the picture. It's really nice stuff, and it also comes in more "masculine" colorways than other yarns tend to.

Okay, I really need to open up that shop now . . . Sorry, selling yarn is pathological with me.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Snooze said...

Thanks, Carina! Hup to it...get the shop open!

The color number is 619. I'm practicing toe-up caston so I can make socks out of this gorgeous yarn. (Very many thanks to Rox...again!)

Blessings!

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do the toe up. I tried to analyze the process before I started and almost convinced myself I'd never get it. Then I "just did it". I think the heel is much easier this way than from the cuff down. I did use one size up to start the toe up cast one and switched to the size 1's when I divided the stitches to four needles. You will also need a link to the m1 hints for the stretchy last two rows for the cuff. I'll post something on my site with the links in the next couple of days.

lillium/approaching glory

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Snooze said...

Lillium,

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm almost through the toe increases and I'm having fun! I agree that trying to analyze the process makes it seem more difficult, but just jumping in seems to be working...

Looking forward to those hints on your blog!

Blessings,
Susie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home