Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A Lesson Learned...

I'm pretty careful about the words I use when I post. I mean, this is a G-rated blog for the most part. So just moments ago I'm looking at my blog stats (much more fun to do since the Stephanie link...although the traffic is getting back to its normal, much slower/lower self) when I notice several referrers which I have never seen before. So, I do the normal thing...

I click on them.

Oooops. Pardon me. I had NO intention of ever seeing some of those things! And I wonder to myself, "Why on earth did these people come to visit my blog?"

Dd Katy knew.

At the very bottom of the May 7th post I left a teaser about the next day's post-to-be and it included...right, kiddies...it included the word P*RN. All of a sudden I have people visiting who are a) sadly disappointed at what they're viewing and b) links that refer me to some rather sordid stuff.

I'm concerned that I may lose my G-rating if it happens again. I went back and changed the word.

And that is my lesson for the day.

4 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous heather said...

You poor thing. Yucky! I know, I sure don't use a lot of clean language on me blog, I should watch what I write. Eeww.
Ha! I think that's funny they were looking for skin but found yarn instead.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger margene said...

I learned that early on, too. Had three x's in a post and had to remove it. I bet it does make some poeople mad that they find a blog about knitting instead.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous laura said...

lol! Oh you poor thing. I thought your little comment was really cute and funny when I read it. Who knew that it would backfire like that?! A lesson learned for me too. Thanks for the tip! =0)

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Jan said...

Har har haaaaardy har har!!!!

Can't stop giggling about this one. AS IF!

Oh Susie...you p*ornmeistah!

:-)
Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home