Tuesday, May 03, 2005

May 3rd and I awoke to...

...snow. Now, I love the stuff as much as anyone else who's voluntarily living in northern Michigan, but there seems to be something off kilter this year. What the heck is going on? Three of the last three mornings we have awakened to snow on the ground. Some folks will tell you that it's normal, but the old-timers around here will tell you "it jest ain't right." I wonder if this guy has some answers (and is not simply unnecessarily paranoid...) This stuff fascinates me (when I'm not knitting.)

In knitting news, we're planning our trip to Kalamazoo to see Stephanie on Friday. What to wear. What to take. What to knit. What to take as a giftie. How long it'll take to get there. How many lys' can we hit along the way (and how early do we need to start out in order to do that and still be on time...?)

So here's what's knittin' today...Annie's new hat (fer cryin' in da mud! It's still winter out here!) Annie saw the sock yarn I dyed and loved the color, so, having some Lamb's Pride in Natural, she and I followed protocol and made the yarn bright with Gaywool dyes. She, a committed non-hat wearer, has promised to wear this hat when it's cold (even in May?)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is the fabulous silk I now own. See the lovely pattern in the bag with it? Discerning eyes will know that I went to Bonne Marie's site and bought me the Scoop du Jour. It's a perfect fit and I can't wait to start it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here, in an effort to persuade myself that I will never need to purchase any more sock yarn ever again throughout all eternity, a photo of (most) of my sock yarn stash. I am embarrassed and (secretly) thrilled to have so much sock yarn. I mean, you never know when they'll stop making it...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've been trying to round up as many of the Michigan knitbloggers as I can to see if we can meet up for a tour of Threadbear on the way down, or possibly some dinner first. If you read this and are interested in either or both, drop me a line (see sidebar for email addy) or leave me a comment here...especially if you're someone who actually knows your way around Lansing and/or K'zoo. I've never been either place, so this should be amusing. (I hope the Onstar people are equally amused when I get desperately lost...)

Stay warm...


Edited in later:

Note to self and anyone else I may have confused: The Yarn Harlot will be in Kalamazoo on Friday, May 6th. Friday. Friday. Remember that. Friday.

9 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOY! YO! AAOOOGAH!!! Harlot is going to be at the Athena in Kalamazoo on FRIDAY, not Saturday. I thought maybe you'd typed it wrong on her comments, but I see it here, too. Check her schedule -- she's in Maryland on Saturday. Hope you can adjust plans -- rams at Athena

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Rams, I made the change and factored it into my schedule and am trying to figure out just why I thought it was Saturday.

Friday. Friday. Friday. Must remember to go to Kalamazoo on Friday...

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous laura said...

oh my I wish I had that much sock yarn! You lucky duck!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I feel your pain. It's been very snowy in Colorado, too!

I used to live in Kalamazoo, but don't remember where that bookstore is. It's pretty easy to get around town, though.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Annie said...

You know what I realized that's kind of funny? You're going to be in Kalamazoo on Friday, and we're going to be about a half an hour away from Kalamazoo on Friday. We're going down state either today or tomorrow to see Ryan's family. His mom lives in St. Joe (about an hour outside of KZoo), but his dad lives closer. Hm. Well, if you're bored, you know who to call. Granted, you're going to be around other yarn lovers and such, so I don't imagine there will be boredom. If Kate gets sick and needs someone to drag her around on a (non-wheeled) chair... Well, I've done it before and I'll do it again! ;)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Annie said...

btw, if you need any help navigating, call my cell. i know both areas pretty well by now.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Moze said...

That's not too much sock yarn. I have about that much and I don't consider myself as having much sock stash at all. You need lots of socks if you get winter in May.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Jen said...

What do you want changed for the Michigan Knits ring? I can email you your RingSurf password if you want to change stuff on there.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Me said...

Hi there!

I just love that picture of your sock yarn.. especially the pinkish one in the front and the pink in the back right... it just looks like it's ... *TO DIE FOR*!!!!!! :o)

Thanks for stopping by at The Pig earlier on... I took your advice and got BL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home