Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Of Trucks and Limestone and Sheep

I have lots of nieces and nephews. Almost all of them are in the south, mainly in Florida. Two of these (nephews) are little buddies who don't know their Aunt Snooze because I just don't get down there very much, and they're still really young to remember me anyway.

This is Trevor:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And this is Cristian:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
They, being guys, love trucks.

Anyhow, yesterday was the day the guys finally came to lay down the limestone mix for our driveway. Said driveway is in nowise a traditional drive. Starting from the garage, it's about 50' wide, moving at that width for about 45' until it adds 15' more in width for a piece, then finally narrows down to about 12' and acts like a regular driveway. (293' from the house to the mailbox, for the detail-oriented.) This, it may be noted, is one heckuva lotta limestone mix. Forty+ yards, to be precise.

So while this is going on, I happen to be talking to my brother Robin, father of the two young lads (and Tyler, their big bro, who isn't nearly as thrilled about big trucks and such because he's, like...old and stuff) while there was the noise of trucks in the background, grading and preparing to dump a lot of limestone/gravel mix for the drive. Robin said to me that it would be way cool for the boys to see the big truck pushing all the rocks around my driveway.

Chris, Trev, this one's for you:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So. My nephews. Too stinkin' cute.

I found this t'other day. Took the quiz. Somehow it makes me feel like a fence-sitter...plus,
this is probably the only sheep I'm likely to ever get. That makes me sad.





You are a - Neutral Sheep!
Congrats - you do what you like! You make your own rules, not follow the flock!


Which flock do you follow?

this quiz was made by alanna


Tomorrow: photos of every bookshelf in my house and the meme that won't go away. Riveting stuff. Stay tuned.


2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger La said...

Trevor and Christian are JUST too cute!

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Elizabeth said...

I am a hippy sheep, like whatever, man :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home