Saturday, May 21, 2005

Saturday stuff

New sock yarn dyed in black with green, orange and pink accents. I seem to dye in really bright colors, and it occurred to me that some people (guys, most likely) would not be up for wearing really bright, colorful stuff. I went and bought some black Rit dye. I like the way it came out and will be using more of it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Three repeats of the Branching Out Scarf. Pinned it out so it would show. I'm pleased with it and will actually attempt to finish it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The three amigas. Annie, Beth-y and Katy have known each other for almost seven years. Annie got married last June. Katy is getting married in July. Beth-y is graduating from high school shortly. They were all homeschooled for a long time and had lots of time to be best buddies. Both are in Katy's wedding. They went cruising to Traverse City today to get malled. I love to hear them laugh together. Even though things change, some things will remain: they love one another like sisters (which none has) and they manage to wind up laughing every time they get together. The wedding will be fun.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Scott put the big window a/c in the living room today, a concession that it may actually become summer. We just blew by spring...

Have a lovely, lazy, blessed Sunday!

6 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous heather said...

That is a really good picture of those girls! You should frame it.
Love your branching scarf. I've been seeing those all over the net. Great job!
And once again your dying is awsome. What the heck am I waiting for? I need to do DYE.
(That really sounds funny.)

Hope you didn't break your back with all that dirt.

Happy Weekend!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Atouria said...

I agree, branching out is looking lovely!

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Sharon said...

Is it my imagination, or did the Branching Out scarf change color? Wasn't it pink in it's last incarnation? Hardly matters...it looks beautiful whatever color it is.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger margene said...

Branching out is beautiful in that color!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Oops. Did I forget to mention that I frogged the pink and restarted the scarf in the LanaGatto wool? Wait a minute...that was the post that Blogger ate! I remember now...

I'm up to 7 repeats and haven't had much problem. I'm happy. This may encourage me to try it again in laceweight...or not.

Sorry for confusing! ;)

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, thanks for the comment you posted on my site. It's nice to know people actually read your blog. Speaking of which - I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through yours. I drooled over the Fiesta yarn project - I want that yarn SO much - but must wait for right now. I believe you'll find the toe-up sock heel very easy to do - I thought it was. And when you're finished doing you mailbox thing - I know of a mailbox that could use some help here in Georgia (big grin)

Lillium

 

Post a Comment

<< Home