Sunday, May 29, 2005

Thanks, guys....

Memorial Day.

Thanks to all the men and women who have given their time (and often, their lives) in the service of our country. Sometimes they were serving and fighting for the freedom of our nation...sometimes for the freedom of a nation on the other side of the world. Sometimes they had to serve in places and conflicts with which they were philosophically opposed. And during it all, we, in this nation, continued to have freedom to speak out against what they were doing.

May God forgive us for directing our issues against those who served instead of the conflict itself.

Thank a veteran or a service person today. I'm sure everyone reading this knows some or many. I personally want to thank:

Robin, my youngest brother...USMC
Darian, my nephew...USMC
Mike, my soon to be son-in-love...USAF
Michael, my nephew...USN

You are loved and appreciated. Happy Memorial Day. It's not about the beer.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

I can't help but think of our service men and women everyday. I hate watching the news b/c I'm afraid of what I might see. I still watch the news everyday anyway. I thank my lucky starts that my boyfriend isnt in the military. I can't imagine.
My little brother's best friend was in iraq for over a year. He is now statione din germany. This kid was only 19 yrs. old and fighting in Iraq. Needless to say, he's having a tough time right now. I try to say a prayer for him everyday. My little brother is going to visit him this summer. I'm sending him w/ a big hug to give him. What a brave kid.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Robin said...

You rock sis!! And just wanted to let you know that you are welcome. I appreciate you mentioning us all on your blog, I personally am touched deeply. God bless you for all you are doing for my wife. I love you.

Robin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home