Friday, May 27, 2005

Threadbear, Bloggers and Me

I got to meet up with some very cool people yesterday.

I had to go to Lansing to pick up my sister-in-love from the airport in Lansing. This road trip means only one thing...Threadbear! I love these guys. This is the yarn shop of a knitter's dream. I told Matt that I had this mad desire to knock all the Koigu onto the floor and roll around in it. He responded with, "Please reshelve it when you're done." You've gotta love a guy like that.

So anyway, we had this big online meetup planning going on with emails back and forth. In the end, I met up with Heather, the blogless Laurie, and Sharon, (bless you dear...you waited for me again!) and we had a very cool time with food and yarn and conversation and knitting and I actually spent 4.5 hours in a yarn store. My son was amazed. (He spent a good deal of the same time in my car watching a movie on the dvd player. Boring.)

Herewith, photographic evidence. I must tell you that late last night I received an email from Heather, who hates having her picture taken (she's so danged cute, I have no idea why...) She indicated to me that I was free to post the picture as long as I (and I'm quoting here,) "...crop my head off, then you can post them, K?" In lieu of cropping her head off (a horrifying prospect, I'll admit) I settled for the next best thing...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Heather has been Photoshopped. As an aside though, if you follow the link above to her blog (and do go visit her...) you will see the unedited version as she apparently did not think to Photoshop herself out.

Thanks ladies. It was a hoot!

And I get to go back next Thursday when I take Pam back to the airport. I don't know if my budget can stand it. I think it's probably a good thing I don't live any closer to Lansing.

Here's a little thing someone sent me ages ago. It was just languishing in the draft section of my Blogger...more useless deeply meaningful and important information about me...another one of *those* things.....

Three names you go by:
  1. Snooze
  2. Susie
  3. Mom

Three screen names that you have had:

  1. MamaSnooze
  2. Snooze
  3. Suzee

Three things you like about yourself:

  1. I can work well beyond my apparent energy level.
  2. I love to give to others without the need for reciprocity
  3. The family I've helped create around me (it's part of me...really...)

Three things you don't like about yourself:

  1. I have a very low tolerance for BS.
  2. I procrastinate when I don't understand what it is I'm supposed to do, instead of asking someone.
  3. I can be inconsistent.

Three parts of your heritage:

  1. French
  2. English
  3. Czech

Three things that scare you:

  1. My scale
  2. Becoming unable to care for myself physically
  3. The possibility of having to bury a child

Three of your everday essentials:

  1. Prayer
  2. Excellent morning coffee
  3. Hugs and kisses from my family

Three things you are wearing right now:

  1. Glasses
  2. Shorts
  3. Wedding ring

Three of your favorite bands or musical artists (@ the moment):

  1. KJ52
  2. Mendelsohn
  3. The Mamas and The Papas

Three of your favorite songs:

  1. Great Is Thy Faithfulness
  2. Marrakech Express
  3. Love Is Like Oxygen

Three new things you want to try in the next 12 months:

  1. Cross country skiing
  2. Spinning ~ drop and wheel
  3. Building my new website

Three things I want in a relationship:

  1. Foreverness
  2. Friendship
  3. Fun

Two truths and a lie:

  1. My hair is turning silver
  2. My baby girl is getting married
  3. I am wearing a size 6 dress in her wedding. Eyuh.

Three physical things that attract you to the opposite sex:

  1. Exquisite eyes
  2. Eloquence
  3. Charm

Three things you can't do without:

  1. God's grace
  2. The love of my family
  3. Good yarn

Three of your favorite hobbies:

  1. Gardening
  2. Knitting...duh
  3. Kvetching

Three places you want to go on vacation:

  1. My backyard
  2. Cayman Islands
  3. Australia

Three things you just can't do:

  1. Balance my checkbook
  2. Eat calamari
  3. Be on time

Three kids names:

  1. Kathryn Clare
  2. Nicholas Scott
  3. Josiah Edward

Three things you want to do before you die:

  1. Help deliver my grandchildren
  2. Actually get my Creative Memories scrapbook done
  3. Take in a Broadway play with my hubby

Three celeb crushes:

  1. Sean Connery
  2. Nic Cage
  3. Jude Law

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Heather said...

I laughed so hard! LOVE the photoshop editing there. I wish I would've thought of that! I was sure you'd post the picture, so I thought I'd beat you to it. Besides, it was the only picture I had!
I had a great time. You are so sweet, and your kids are great. I was amazed at your son's ability to hang in a yarn shop for the WHOLE day, no complaints. I bow to you.
Your list was neat to read. And Sean Connery-Yes, most definitely.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Snooze said...

So are we going to the MI Fiber Festival in August?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Stinkerbell said...

learning HTML isnt hard at all. go to www.htmlgoodies.com it is the best!
And oh I am so sad for you cause Calamari is to DIE for if it is made right :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home