Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thursday Meme Tag

I swiped this from Lisa at Plath's Adventures in Knitting who snagged it from Michelle at Beknitted who got it from Cara at Earthmother who got it from The Flying Pig (and they told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on...)

Pick five and fill in the blank then pass it on to three (or more!) victims friends (and no backsies!):


If I could be a scientist…
If I could be a farmer…
If I could be a musician…
If I could be a doctor…
If I could be a painter…
If I could be a gardener…
If I could be a missionary…
If I could be a chef…
If I could be an architect…
If I could be a linguist…
If I could be a psychologist…
If I could be a librarian…
If I could be an athlete…
If I could be a lawyer…
If I could be an inn-keeper…
If I could be a professor…
If I could be a writer…
If I could be a llama-rider…
If I could be a bonnie pirate…
If I could be an astronaut…
If I could be a world famous blogger…
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world…
If I could be married to any current famous political figure…

If I could be a linguist…I would find some way to help people understand one another. I mean, that's not necessarily what linguists do, but I think they should. Miscommunication probably causes 90% of all the problems in the world. We can say the same thing and have diametrically opposite meanings. This is never more true than when there are two genders involved. Yup. Solve communication problems. Nobel Prize, here I come!

If I could be a doctor…I would be a part of Doctors Without Borders and spend my life in the service of others. I can think of no better way to be a blessing in this world than to minister to people who will never be able to return the favor...

If I could be a psychologist…I would not stop researching until I understood what makes the male brain tick. 'Nuff said.

If I could be a librarian…I'd work at the New York City Public Library's Reference Desk. That place fields some of the most obscure and arcane information requests, from all over the world. And even since the advent of the PC and Google, they still have an enormous demand for information every day. Hmmm...I might like to be the one who takes all the online information requests...all day in the book stacks and online? Heaven!

If I could be a justice on any one court in the world…never mind...see "If I could be a linguist...

If I could be a professor…I'd be doing exactly what I started out to do before I had children. I'd be teaching Economics in a community college (no 'publish or perish' for me!) where I could make a difference in the lives of some kids who academically weren't ready for university. In reality, this is what I hope to be doing once I'm an empty nester.

So who else's deepest vocational desires are we wanting to know about? How about Sharon, who I may get to meet at Threadbear tomorrow, and Michelle, who has me pegged for a yarnho (it may be true. I wonder if counselling would help?) and Michael, who had such a fab photo session with the Harlot. These are people that inquiring minds want to know more about...okay, I want to know more about...so sue me.

The sun is out and it's getting warmer and I may actually be able to plant some things here soon...the great out-of-doors beckons...

See ya!

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous laura said...

What does make the male brain tick? I never realized how completely different men and women are until having dated my boyfriend for so long. I wish I understood my boyfriend better. =0) You just gotta love 'em though don't you?!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Okay, okay, I'll do it. As soon as I find a little extra TIME. And I WILL see you tomorrow at Threadbear. Looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home