Thursday, June 09, 2005

I have a new friend...

...her name is Rebecca, she's a newbie knitter and on her way to law school (doesn't it make you hopeful about the future of the legal profession to know that there will be a knitter among them?) Her blog is called Chronically Pink. She's a budding knitter/crocheter and an enjoyable read. Please drop on over and say 'Hi!' and tell her Susie sent you...help her feel welcome.

One of the issues she's encountered is that most of the knitters she chats/emails with are (like me) a whole lot older than she (she's 23.) Any of you out there that are closer to her and understand what life's like for the young and single and more college bound, especially, drop her a line, wouldja?

Thanks,
Susie

PS: Guess what? My multicolor felted baby hat cum yarmulke is going to Israel! Moze, of Mozemen's Blues will be recieving this lovely, unintentional kippah in the near future! How very cool! Who knew my Jewish roots could emerge, unplanned, in my knitting?

9 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Heather said...

How very cool about your felted hat!
I'll go say hi to your friend! But I'm not so close to 23 in age either.
Is it hot there? Are you melting away like me? Just wondering....

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

95F Heather.I'm melting. I'm meeellltttinnngg....

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Hey ...I know Moze. Well kind of. Ok, not really. But I've talked to her via email. Does that count? Too sweet!

And I'm not 23...but have the body of a 23 year old. Ok, again - not really. Sigh. But... knitting buds know no age difference anyway right?! :)

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I've blogstalked Rebecca. I may be too old for her, though. (I'm 33.)

Keep the heat with you guys! I hate it! It's in the 70's in Colorado these day. Perfect!!

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Susiesnooze, the markers are simply gorgeous, and I will feel so elegant using them. You does good work! And next time we meet, we must discuss those Jewish roots. (I usually discuss roots with my hairdresser, but I'll make an exception for you.)

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Snooze said...

Sharonsweetie,I'm so glad you like 'em. You do such nice work too that you need something pretty to marker with!

~Hugs to you and everyone else...
Snooze

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

Hey! There are bunches of us lawyer knitters. Me. Claudia. And . . . my secret pal is a law student knitter! We're EVERYWHERE!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Colleen, I feel better already just knowing that! (I almost went to law school...but the MBA route was the path of lesser resistance...)

The Summer Tweed color is/was Berries...

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Pammi said...

That is so sweet that we now have another knitter out there. I am 18 in my mind (body of a 37 year old.) But I will go to her site and welcome her. I think it so great to hear about your hat. Thanks for the pictures of the flower beds of course they did not bloom when I was there. Bad plants, bad plants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home