Saturday, June 04, 2005

Yarn and other things...

As promised, some yarnish photos from our travels of the past few days.

This is Katy and her Koigu sock. They are still asleep although it is almost 11am. Sleep Katy. Sleep sock.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Katy's sleepy sock...her very first. She loves Koigu and it's working up fast. Except when it's asleep.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The trip to JoAnn's in TC netted me enough Cotton Ease for a summer tank.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Later, we stopped by Yarn Quest.

Remember my beautiful Summer Tweed? I centerpull balled this skein and started to swatch it. I had trouble knitting with this stuff. It just seemed hard to work with. Am I the only one who feels this way? Any way, I returned it and with the credit I purchased....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

..this! Three huge skeins of Interlacement's Oregon. I am so excited about working with this stuff that fall can't come soon enough for me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

An update on the Sophie bag. I am currently working on this because this was one of the felting things I started when Pammi was here. Everything else is on hold. But there will be no more felting for a while after this. I think.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On to the yarn I bought at Threadbear:

Some fabulous Lorna's Shepherd worsted. This color is like summer sky and clouds. (I don't think that's what they call it, but they should. In fact, I think they should hire me to think up new and whimsical yet appropriate names for their yarn colorways.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The huge pile of Cascade's Fun, an odd name for this cotton/viscose blend yarn. (See above. I'm sure I could do better at naming this stuff.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The start of the swatch. There's a tank pattern waiting for me to finish the Sophie bag.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And Laurie, (of the anonymous postings,) this is the alpaca top I purchased and wrote about. I could not resist, as it is softer than any yarn I have ever fondled. Yet when I started looking into drop spindle 101, I discovered that alpaca is too slippery a fiber for beginners. (I don't think I'll let that stop me, but I'll start out on the merino top that's coming with my new spindle...)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally. FINALLY! There are blossoms on our strawberry plants. Which leads me...out the door and away from my knitting, to work in the yard before the rain comes.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Have a lovely and blessed weekend!

5 Comments:

At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Laura said...

I have such stash envy! Oh my goodness! You always come home with such meautiful yarn. How neat that your daughter is knitting too. How long has she been knitting?

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Pammi said...

I love the sock, tell Katie I can't wait to see the finish project. You were right, everyone at church today wanted me to knit them a bag. Glad to see the picture of the strawberry plants. Post a picture of them when they are in full bloom. Love ya lots

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Stinkerbell said...

oh that is poppy fields isn't it... I SO love that color way. Now if only I could convince myself over that price!!!

And damn if I dont love that Lorna's LAces color too :)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger margene said...

I don't mind Summer Tweed. It is a bit hard and can be like knitting with a rope. But the end product is nice. HOWEVER, it was a good trade for the Interlacements. GORGEOUS!!

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

What color is that Summer Tweed? Just got a whole bag of it in "NECTOR" off eBay. It wasn't as bright as I'd expected - more like the color of your ball.

Hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home